Free Born to Trot  Download Books Online
Born to Trot Paperback | Pages: 224 pages
Rating: 4.08 | 3998 Users | 55 Reviews

List Books In Favor Of Born to Trot

Original Title: Born to Trot
ISBN: 0689716923 (ISBN13: 9780689716928)
Edition Language: English
Setting: New Jersey(United States)

Narrative Concering Books Born to Trot

Gibson can hear the beat of the horses' hooves against the track. Trotters are the world to him.
But all he ever does is practice. He's still too young and inexperienced to drive in a real race. Only he knows he's ready for the big league. If people would give him a chance, then they would know it, too.
Gib's chance comes in a filly named Rosalind. Now Gib can prove that he's man enough to train a champion. But does he really have what it takes? Can he and Rosalind go all the way to win the Hambletonian, the greatest race of all?

Declare Of Books Born to Trot

Title:Born to Trot
Author:Marguerite Henry
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 224 pages
Published:April 30th 1993 by Aladdin (first published 1950)
Categories:Animals. Horses. Fiction. Childrens. Young Adult

Rating Of Books Born to Trot
Ratings: 4.08 From 3998 Users | 55 Reviews

Evaluation Of Books Born to Trot
Born to Trot is the story of one great horse in the history of harness racing, and her truly special owner and trainer. Father and son team Ben and Gibson White, trainer and owner of speedster Rosalind respectively, work tirelessly to give this horse her best chance at greatness. They do it in the face of great adversity, namely Gibson's nameless disease that has him hospitalized for years (according to my research, it was TB). In the vein of Arabian Nights, there is a story within a story -

The boy is like you, Ben. Like you and Tom Berry and all the others. There are only five letters in his alphabet. And they spell h-o-r-s-e.And to think I forgot this existed. This is my favorite thing Marguerite Henry has ever written. It is better than King of the Wind. It is even better than Misty of Chincoteague. It is fabulous.This is somehow both absolutely timeless - in that enchanted way a perfect day with green grass and sunshine and a classic sporting event can be - and so specifically

I read this book because my 8 year old daughter insisted. She said, this is such a good book, please read it next! So, OK, I want to be supportive of her reading, I obliged and read this book. It is a child's book and it reads like one, but it tells an interesting story nonetheless, actually two interesting stories that link together. Ben White is a famous horse trainer, harness racing for trotters, and winner of the Hambletonian horse races 4X. His son Gibson wants to do these things very, very

It is Marguerite Henry on horses. There isn't much to say beyond that as she is the classic children's writer against which all other horse tales are written. This story is enters the historic as well with the prologue of facts into fiction. A must read for every child of in love with the noblest of animals.

Growing up, I loved horse stories, and the best writer/illustrator pair was Marguerite Henry and Wesley Dennis. I've been trying to collect these books, ever since. This is a lovely hardback (sans dust jacket) 1950 first edition - a gift from my sister at Christmas. I'm sure I read this one when I was younger, but I didn't remember the story, so it was fun to read what seemed to be a 'new' story.This book is almost two books in one. The main story is about Gibson White, a teenage boy whose

A donation to the Friends of the Library bookstore, I nabbed it first. Classic Marguerite Henry -- lots of interesting horse lore and great horse illustrations, with a fairly weak story tying it all together. I would have liked to spend more of the book at the harness races, and less at a sanitarium with our young hero Gibson White, who is ailing with some mysterious illness that we never get to hear about (maybe TB?). A true story with an exciting ending.

Good story..more like two stories in one..