Describe Books Conducive To The Life of St. Gemma Galgani

Original Title: The Life of St. Gemma Galgani
ISBN: 0895556693 (ISBN13: 9780895556691)
Edition Language: English
Download Books The Life of St. Gemma Galgani  Online Free
The Life of St. Gemma Galgani Paperback | Pages: 384 pages
Rating: 4.32 | 91 Users | 9 Reviews

Declare Regarding Books The Life of St. Gemma Galgani

Title:The Life of St. Gemma Galgani
Author:Germanus Ruoppolo
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 384 pages
Published:January 1st 2004 by TAN Books (first published January 1st 1914)
Categories:Biography. Christianity. Catholic. Religion. Faith. Spirituality. Christian

Commentary Concering Books The Life of St. Gemma Galgani

St. Gemma Galgani (1878-1903) was a mystic, stigmatist, visionary, ecstatic, victim soul, discerner of spirits, seer of hidden things, prophetess, spouse of Christ, zealot for souls and devotee of the Poor Souls in Purgatory. She died at only 25. Her mother was also saintly, and it is beautiful to see how she helped cultivate this lily of purity. See how Gemma made great sacrifices painful to human nature from her tenderest years. Inspiring and edifying! Impr. 382 pgs, PB

Rating Regarding Books The Life of St. Gemma Galgani
Ratings: 4.32 From 91 Users | 9 Reviews

Discuss Regarding Books The Life of St. Gemma Galgani


This is the biography I read during the adoption of my daughter who we named in honor of Saint Gemma. It is a direct translation from Italian and can get a little hard to read but well worth the effort.

I found this book and this Saint utterly perplexing. I have waited to write this brief review in hopes that I will have somehow clarified my thoughts about this book. Lives of the saints are a Christian game changer entirely different from what we normally hear about what it means to live a Christian life. This book and this life explains suffering with joy and, in fact, the desire to suffer for Christ-completely on purpose, not just a reaction to circumstance. This book also reveals a Christ we

This was a good book but I didn't seem to take to it as much as I expected. It seemed it could have been condensed. I struggled with trying to understand what I will call her "scruples." She never willfully committed ANY sin yet she thought herself to be the worst sinner. Was this because she saw how offensive her faults were to God? Because of her humility? Why did her directors seek to further her humility still more? Those were some of the questions going through my mind as I read the book-

This biography is the "bible" on St Gemma Galgani, written by her spiritual director, Venerable Padre Germanus Ruoppolo C.P.I have often used this book for source information on the St Gemma Galgani website, in articles such as The Personality of St Gemma and also The Spirituality of St GemmaIt is an excellent book that will leave you captivated and inspired by the holy life of St Gemma.Glenn Dallaire

I actually didn't finish reading this but I wanted to write a review. This book was recommended to me during a recent faith struggle, which was thankfully brief. I have been reading a lot of faith-oriented material and I am aware that much of it can be helpful if not always scintillating. This book, however, wore me down with its repetitive narrative. St. Gemma's story seems interesting enough, but it's a simple one and probably could have been told in a much shorter book. When I learned that

The book may have suffered some in the translation from the original Italian, as the reading can become difficult at times. However, the reader will be infinitely rewarded if he or she is able to persevere through these parts and learn the ways of St. Gemma, a true gem of Christ! As one reader put it, "What a fragrant air of Paradise one reads while reading this precious Life of Gemma in the midst of the deadly atmosphere of this perverse world!"