Present Books In Favor Of The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Original Title: The Sorcerer's Apprentice
ISBN: 0394925513 (ISBN13: 9780394925516)
Edition Language: English
Free Books The Sorcerer's Apprentice  Online Download
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Hardcover | Pages: 46 pages
Rating: 4.23 | 653 Users | 26 Reviews

Declare Appertaining To Books The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Title:The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Author:Walt Disney Company
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 46 pages
Published:May 12th 1974 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1974)
Categories:Childrens. Fantasy. Picture Books. Fiction

Chronicle Supposing Books The Sorcerer's Apprentice

| Reader Fox Blog |


I feel like, as a kid I had this really strong love for The Sorcerer's Apprentice, but looking back now I can't really understand exactly why this was the case. I don't have any strong memories of loving the movie Fantasia. In fact, I can only recall one time in my life that I actually read it vs the countless times I watched other films. I didn't actually own this book as a kid, so I'd never read the story. And yet, for some reason, my adult mind has some immense emotional connection to it. Fascinating, right?

So, what was it that drew me to this?

To tell you the truth, I have absolutely no idea. And perhaps time has just hidden whatever it was from me. But ultimately when I did find this book in a garage sale a few months ago and took the time to read it, the story didn't really blow me away. Like, sure, it's adorable to watch innocent apprentice (?) Mickey lust after the book of magic to help him clean and cast some spells without fully understanding what he was doing. It was amusing to see how it all backfired on him.

And I guess a part of me does still really like it because even as I type this I'm thinking how genuinely happy I was to see this scene in the live-action movie that came out some years ago. I know a lot of people talk about how bad that movie was, but I'll be honest with you, I love it so much. Though I imagine Jay Baruchel had a lot more to do with that than anything else; he's just so adorably awkward, I love him.

Regardless, I'm still left with an odd emotional attachment to this story even though I'm not massively impressed with it. And I wonder if that's the sort of magic that Disney is just master of. The magic of building those emotions within us that stay forever, unceasingly resulting in or adoration for stories like this our whole lives.

| Instagram | Twitter | Reader Fox Blog | Bloglovin’ | Facebook |

Rating Appertaining To Books The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Ratings: 4.23 From 653 Users | 26 Reviews

Notice Appertaining To Books The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Oh, Mickey Mouse, what would we do without you? You are so awesome, you are so smart, you work so hard; but you think of things that get yourself into trouble! We all adore Mickey!



Excellent moral.

Fabulous story! Super fun to read aloud! :)

I always loved but was at the same time quite terrified by this cartoon :D I'd totally forgotten I owned it in book form!

My parents are divorced, and as a child wed spend a lot of time at my grandparents. They were and are big readers, who encouraged us to do the same. This was one of the many books they had for us as kids, and I wont tell you its a favorite, but its memorable after nearly 20 years. Worth reading to your kids!

| Reader Fox Blog | I feel like, as a kid I had this really strong love for The Sorcerer's Apprentice, but looking back now I can't really understand exactly why this was the case. I don't have any strong memories of loving the movie Fantasia. In fact, I can only recall one time in my life that I actually read it vs the countless times I watched other films. I didn't actually own this book as a kid, so I'd never read the story. And yet, for some reason, my adult mind has some immense emotionalWhile the sorcerer is away, Mickey attempts to use magic to do his chores.This is the picture book adaption of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" segment from the Walt Disney film "Fantasia." It was a childhood favorite of mine and still holds up to an adult rereading.As the apprentice to a great sorcerer Mickey Mouse finds himself doing grunt work rather than practicing magic. As the old story goes, when the cat's away, the mice will play, and when the sorcerer steps out, Mickey seizes the opportunity